Want to build your own website—one that represents you, your cause, or your organization—without outside help? With this free guide, Shelley Powers quickly teaches you the basics: you’ll learn how to use HTML, CSS, and other web tools to create a simple site that works on both traditional computers and mobile devices.
It’s never been simpler to create your own place on the Web, but there are still lots of details to sort out. This short book walks you through each step, from working with content and adding style to getting the word out and building a following. Why wait? Pick up this book and get going. Right now.
- Pick a domain name and sign up with a web hosting company
- Learn how to structure web pages with basic HTML elements
- Add unique style to your website with CSS stylesheets
- Work with web forms, incorporate multimedia, and use semantic HTML5 elements
- Help people find your site via a search engine or social media
- Add a blog or other dynamic content to generate a loyal following
- Dive into advanced web technologies, including the Cron job scheduler, and the SSH/SFTP secure shell