In high-performing organizations such as Salesforce and Spotify, autonomous product development teams own problems end-to-end—from interacting with customers to delivering engaging digital products. These teams find new ways to solve customer problems by constantly running experiments, using high-speed engineering capabilities to create extremely short customer feedback cycles.
In this report, you’ll explore how leading organizations increase autonomy across teams and services through techniques designed to accelerate product delivery and improve business/IT alignment. With examples and use cases, authors Nick Tune (Salesforce) and Scott Millett (Iglu.com) demonstrate how autonomous teams leverage continuous discovery and delivery to find the best solutions with the highest business value. This report is ideal for engineering executives, CTOs, software architects, and senior engineers.
- Learn how to align business goals, team boundaries, and software architecture to solve customer problems
- Create a culture of transparency by articulating strategic decisions throughout the organization
- Analyze your organization’s problem domains to minimize organizational and technical dependencies
- Learn techniques for modeling user journeys and business processes in your domains and subdomains
- Design antifragile systems that respond to changing market conditions and new opportunities
- Apply successful architectural patterns to avoid couplings in your software and couplings between teams