What are the emerging trends and technologies that will transform the data landscape in coming months? In this report from Strata + Hadoop World co-chair Alistair Croll, you’ll learn how the ubiquity of cheap sensors, fast networks, and distributed computing have given rise to several developments that will soon have a profound effect on individuals and society as a whole.
Machine learning, for example, has quickly moved from lab tool to hosted, pay-as-you-go services in the cloud. Those services, in turn, are leading to predictive apps that will provide individuals with the right functionality and content at the right time by continuously learning about them and predicting what they’ll need. Computational power can produce cognitive augmentation.
Report topics include:
- The swing between centralized and distributed computing
- Machine learning as a service
- Personal digital assistants and cognitive augmentation
- Graph databases and analytics
- Regulating complex algorithms
- The pace of real-time data and automation
- Solving dire problems with big data
- Implications of having sensors everywhere
This report contains many more examples of how big data is starting to reshape business and change behavior, and it’s just a small sample of the in-depth information Strata + Hadoop World provides. Pick up this report and make plans to attend one of several Strata + Hadoop World conferences in the San Francisco Bay Area, London, and New York.