User experience monitoring is essential for enhancing the usability and performance of your mobile native app. How are your customers using your product? Which features do they prefer? How can you spot trouble before it adversely affects your product? This O’Reilly report provides an overview of several metrics you can apply, based on different use-cases.
Author Wolfgang Beer explains the typical instrumentation and publishing process of mobile apps, and takes you through different instrumentation approaches. With screenshots from popular tools such as Google Analytics, Ruxit, Fabric, and Flurry Analytics, this report helps you choose the metrics that will help you improve your product’s performance.
- Monitor performance to understand your app’s stability and usability
- Measure app user engagement by identifying active and new users, and determining median session length
- Determine your app’s current retention and churn rates
- Gather business intelligence by defining users according to personas and lifetime value
- Oversee the service and infrastructure dependencies of your app in real time
- Visually track user behavior with heat maps and navigational paths
- Add automated or manual instrumentation before you publish your app